Sunday, January 01, 2006

Blogger Dating Idiosyncrasies

Blogger allows posts to be dated by hand by the poster (presumably the point isn't to aid nefarious purposes, but those are the ones that come first to mind).

I've found this slightly annoying, since I have to remember to change the time-stamp, and sometimes the date-stamp, every time I post. (I have the kind of excessively fussy mind that insists that a post should be stamped at precisely the time I finished it and sent it off into the ether.)

Today, I had to change the year of a post for the first time (the one just below was started yesterday, which was, of course, last year). And I discovered that the date options run from 1990 through 2006.

1990? Why on earth would anyone need or want to date a post several years before the web existed, and nearly a decade before Blogger started? That's just silly. It almost makes me want to start a fake blog as if it were 1990, and go forward, one day per day, from there. (On second thought: I'm sure someone is already doing that, somewhere out there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment