Thursday, March 30, 2006

Today's WFA Reading: 3/29 and 3/30

Catching up after Kong ate all my free time last night...

Yesterday I got the single coolest piece of mail that I have ever seen. Picture if you will a bright blue plastic bag, about three feet high, with some sort of box inside. The top is sealed with two of those plastic zipper strips, each holding a tag. One of the tags declares that this contraption is an M-Bag and that it came from Malmo, Sweden; the other has routing information via JFK airport. Once I got it open -- I'm saving the bag, by the way, and trying to think of something appropriate to do with it -- I found that there was indeed a box inside, from HarperCollins in the UK. They had sent me five books -- one of which I'd read in the US edition already and one which I have been fighting my way through this week (though that's probably not the book's fault).

Today continued the HarperCollinsization of my life, with another big box, this time from the busy folks at HarperCollinsAustralia, who submitted an even dozen books. (And only one of those, interestingly, does not declare itself to be Book Something of the Whatever Chronicles.)

So: in two days, a net addition of fifteen books to the already groaning stacks. Time to stop typing and get reading...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah--that Sweden bag was pretty funny. I was expecting something really exotic!!!

JeffV

Post a Comment