Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Today's WFA Reading: 3/7

I hadn't gotten anything for WFA consideration for quite a while -- long enough that I was beginning to wonder if I needed to confront my mailman. But the drought broke yesterday, with three issues of a 'zine called Dreams and Nightmares. I haven't looked at them closely, but they seem to be all poetry. (I'm not sure where that fits into the WFA categories, so it's time to scrutinize the instructions once again.)

Today's mail was one book, from FSG: Specimen Days by Michael Cunningham. I've heard absolutely glowing reports of this novel from several widely separated sources, so I'm looking forward to it.

Also arriving today, but not for WFA consideration (or to be read any time soon) is a new book from the Library of America: James Agee's Let Us Now Praise Famous Men, A Death in the Family, & Shorter Fiction.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey Andy - What about Best Editor? You'd definitely be eligible for that.

Andrew Wheeler said...

I guess I am eligible for Best Pro Editor -- but no one understands the eligibility for that anyway. (It will be more clear next year if the Grand Schism passes the Business Meeting -- and even if that doesn't pass, the discussion there will probably clarify things.)

Post a Comment