Monday, March 13, 2006

What's the Opposite of Schadenfreude?

I'm hitting the point in my life (late thirties) where people I know are getting the Big Jobs and getting to do the Cool Stuff. And it's exciting and thrilling, especially since I'm not particularly being left behind. (I do have the word "Senior" in my title, and I'm judging a literary award this year, so I'm getting my fair share of the Cool Stuff.)

A few weeks ago I learned that an ex-colleague (whom I haven't seen in a few years) was named a vice president, and now Craig Engler (a good guy and convention friend) is now a Senior VP at SciFi.com, and I couldn't be happier for either of them. All of my friends and acquaintances should run the world; that's just the natural order of things.

Now, if I can just get my Death Ray working, I'll have an announcement of my own to make...

No comments:

Post a Comment