Friday, August 11, 2006

Incoming Book: 10 November

Yesterday approximately 500 pages of Mae West: "it ain't no sin" by Simon Louvish came home with me to La Casa de Hornswoggler.

I'd read a good review of it somewhere (probably Publishers Weekly), and then saw a bound galley (does anyone in the trade still call them "bound galleys?" we do at Bookspan/Doubleday Entertainment, but that might just be because we're all crotchety and set in our ways) a few days later and snapped it up.

I like reading good biographies, and don't get through as many of them as I'd like. (Mostly because a good biography takes a while to read, and time is tight.) This one will join some others, scattered across by to-be-read shelves, and might make it in front of my eyeballs at an indeterminate time in the next five-to-ten years.

The name Simon Louvish is oddly familiar: I checked out his website, and he's written a lot of things, but I don't think I've read any of it. Still, I have the feeling I did read something of his once...I wonder what it was?

No comments:

Post a Comment