Thursday, November 09, 2006

Convention Schedule 2007

Another one of those "everyone else is doing it" moments. I am such a lemming.

Philcon (Philadelphia, PA)
November 17-19, 2006
This isn't technically 2007, but it hasn't happened yet.

Boskone (Boston, MA)
February 16-18
My first Boskone -- I used to go to Arisia (the other Boston convention), but I stopped for various reasons. (Arisia was a nice convention with great people, but it's not all that literary -- and it's also Boston in mid-January. Maybe mid-February will be slightly better.)

Lunacon (Rye Town, NY)
March 16-18
My hometown con; I've been going to Lunacon for a good ten years now. And it's back in the good hotel (the immortal Escher Hilton) for #50, so I hope things will finally work out for them this year.

Nebula Awards Weekend (New York City)
May 11-13
No one knows what will be nominated at this point, but, hey!, it's just downtown, so I'm sure I'll be there.

Readercon (Burlington, MA)
July 6-8
Another first-time con; I'd throttled back a lot when my boys were very little, and I'm adding more conventions back in now. I only hear good things about this.

NASFiC/Archon (St. Louis, MO)
August 2-5
This one is a bit tentative; the news so far isn't great. But it's extremely unlikely I could go to Yokohama (like so many other people), so this is the best substitute.

World Fantasy (Saratoga Springs, NY)
November 1-4
I'm already looking forward to it, and not just because I can drive to it. It should be full of pros, being so close to NYC, and WFC is when I can catch up with other editors.

Philcon (Philadelphia, PA)
sometime in November
I expect to go, since I've been going to Philcon almost as long as I've been going to Lunacon. But I'll have to see if the right-after-WFC timing knocks me out this year, or if the con ends up moving to Valley Forge or someplace like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arisia was a nice convention with great people, but it's not all that literary -- and it's also Boston in mid-January. Maybe mid-February will be slightly better.

Boskone is definitely more literary than Arisia. Sadly, there's not much to choose from between Boston in January and February, weatherwise. Of course, being New England, that includes the quality "highly unpredictable"...

Post a Comment