Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Grumpy

I see from several places on the 'Net (such as the agent Rachel Vater) that Orbit had a big party last night to celebrate their launching in the US. And it looks like all of the major SF editors in NYC (Orbit's competitors) were there.

Was I invited? Was anyone from the SFBC invited? Nope. I never get invited to these things (except my own company's cocktail party, a few weeks back, and that was more-or-less work).

Feh. Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm going down the garden to eat worms...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fair is fair. I've never been invited to the SFBC event, and I've lost count of how many titles I sold you over the years. :)

Andrew Wheeler said...

You have a point...except that it's never been the SFBC's party -- originally, it was the Literary Guild's party, and now it's a general Bookspan party. SFBC started out as the litle brother grudgingly allowed to go, as long as we were quiet and didn't disturb our big sister's friends, and now we're something like the impoverished maiden aunt who sits in the corner while your younger and more eligible female relatives parade themselves. We can barely squeak an author or two onto the list...

Anonymous said...

Well, I've never actually taken it personally. I always assumed that your SF licensors were low on the totem pole as far as BookSpan was concerned. Everyone says it's a deadly dull party anyway. (jk)

Post a Comment