Monday, December 11, 2006

You Must Be This Smart To Read Antick Musings

A LiveJournal meme (or metric, I guess) that I picked up from James Nicoll:

antickmusings's Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 11
Average number of words per sentence:24.94
Average number of syllables per word:1.41
Total words in sample:399
Analyze your journal! Username:
Another fun meme brought to you by rfreebern


When I run this thing on the SFBC Blog, I get up to grade 12 (longer sentences there, since they tend to be lists of links) with 41.14 words per sentence, 1.48 syllables per word, and 288 total words sampled.

See my long sentences, o ye mighty, and tremble!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a discussion of Flesch-Kincaid a while back on my blog. See http://mabfan.livejournal.com/tag/flesch-kincaid if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

How did you get it to work on the SFBC blog? I want to run Clute through it but am not sure how to go about doing that.

Andrew Wheeler said...

It'll work on anything with a LJ feed -- and both Antick Musings and the SFBC blogs do have feeds.

Andrew Wheeler said...

Didn't mean to submit that comment yet...

John Clute probably doens't have a LJ feed, but I'm sure there are other Flesch-Kincaid tools on the web. (One might be built into Word, even.)

Post a Comment