Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Movie Log: A Fistful of Dollars

Sometimes my life seems to be aimless wandering: I recently got a CD of Ennio Morricone film music (various snippets from his "Italian Westerns") and have been listening to it a bit.

So that made me want to see A Fistful of Dollars (which I did on Sunday night). And seeing Fistful made me want to read Hammett's Red Harvest (if you don't get the connection, go read Red Harvest now -- it's the grandfather to a thousand movies), which I did on Monday.

I don't know what I can say about Fistful that hasn't been said a million times before, but, if you have any interest at all in movies where men try to kill each other, this is one you need to see (partially because it's good on its own, but even more so because it will lead you to For a Few Dollars More and the sublime The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly).

No comments:

Post a Comment