Monday, June 11, 2007

Blog in Exile: Quill Award Nominees

I'm not the world's biggest fan of the Quill Awards (to put it mildly), but I can say that the list of nominees this year in the Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror category has a bunch of good books...that, collectively, add up to a very weird ballot. (But that can be good, right?)

Anyway, the nominees are:
  • Farthing by Jo Walton
  • The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
  • Getting to Know You by David Marusek
  • Brasyl by Ian McDonald
  • The Execution Channel by Ken MacLeod
A full list of nominees -- the only one I've seen so far -- is at Heidi MacDonald's "The Beat" comics blog for Publishers Weekly (one of the sponsors of the award).

(And I've previously snarked about the Quills here, for those who are interested in a larger dose of my sarcasm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment