Thursday, June 07, 2007

Movie Log: For a Few Dollars More

Netflix is an amazingly useful device for rewatching old movies, or tracing the history of whatever; you don't have to buy anything, or even leave the house, just let it show up every few days in the mailbox. It's just the thing for a lazy man like me. I'm vaguely wandering through a number of things via Netflix, such as early Woody Allen comedies, and Steve Martin's movies, and spaghetti Westerns.

Speaking of lazy, I saw For a Few Dollars More even before Pan's Labyrinth, and forgot that I didn't post about it. Since one of the purposes of my "Movie Log" posts is to keep track of things I've seen in a searchable form, I'm now remedying the situation.

But I now have nothing in particular to say about it, except that I didn't think it was quite as good as Fistful of Dollars -- the performances by the secondary characters in More aren't quite as sharp (sorry, Lee), and the plot is less interesting. The musical pocketwatch motif is great, though. And "not quite as good as A Fistful of Dollars" is another one of those statements like "there are other supermodels I'm slightly more attracted to" that are not nearly as negative as they might seem. Anyway, it's on to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...sometime...