Friday, August 17, 2007

Political Compass Revisited

Because I saw Jay Lake do it today, I thought I'd revisit my own political compass -- I'd graphed myself about a year and a half ago.

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 (changed from -0.38)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21 (changed from -4.10)

Now, I still self-identify as a Republican (though of the relatively liberal, out-of-power, good-government, Northeastern branch), but we see that another eighteen months of Bushism has pushed me further to the left and further towards libertarianism. Somehow, I don't think that was the plan -- though I do seem to be somewhat representative of the country as a whole, in this one matter.

3 comments:

Dave Truesdale said...

I think the poll was slanted toward a liberal bias in many of its questions, more like a push poll, but nevertheless my numbers came out like this:

Economic: 1.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.44

Dave

Flip Dixon said...

Guess you'll be hanging a Ron Paul sign out your window then.

Dave Truesdale said...

Right now probably a Giuliani sign. Socially moderate, strong on defense.

Post a Comment