Sunday, November 04, 2007

Incoming Books, Week of 11/3

At some point, I hope to turn this very boring weekly post (currently mostly a record-keeping thing for myself) into something more useful and interesting -- assuming I do keep getting more review copies, I'm going to start describing several of them a week, with bookshots and all that good stuff.

But not this week, because I'm still up at WFC, away from my pile of books and my scanner. This week, I'm still boring.

I've already lugged the big bag of books out to my car, so I don't remember all of that stuff -- there was a pile of books from the Orbit party, and a number of other things from the con's goodie bag.

Also coming into the Hornswoggler manse this week:
  • eight more Del Rey manga volumes, all sequels to things I've already reviewed -- so there should be a follow-up review coming in the next few weeks
  • The Surgeon's Tale and Other Stories by Cat Rambo and Jeff VanderMeer, which is really short so I'd better read it
  • The Quantum July by Ron King, a YA novel
  • five comics collections or similar things, including the new volume of Boneyard, Jeff Smith's Shazam! story, and the second Jack of Hearts collection.
And I've read nothing for the four days of WFC so far (and I'm driving, so I won't get any reading in today, either). Tomorrow I'll need to dive back into the piles.

No comments:

Post a Comment