Thursday, January 03, 2008

This is Just To Say...

That the keyboard that ships with new Macintoshes -- the ultra-skinny one with chiclet keys -- is a horrible abomination in the eyes of god and man. I'm swapping it back for my old keyboard as soon as I remember to do so.

I gave it a couple of weeks to see if I could get used to it, but it's like tapping my fingers on a bar of stainless steel. It's horrible and we hates it. It also causes vastly more typos than other keyboards I've used -- really, it's the most useless keyboard I've ever touched.

On the other hand, its design sense is fabulous! Feh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mission, should you you accept it, is to locate an original IBM PC Jr. keyboard, and compare it to the Mac's. Also, dig up a membrane keyboard (found on the Atari 400 and Sinclair Z80) and give that a try.

Then run screaming into the night.

Andrew Wheeler said...

I've touched a Sinclair keyboard, back in the day -- the fact that it was tiny was even worse than the membrane keyboard, if such a thing can be possible.

Haven't seen a PC Jr., though -- I'll take your word for it.

Post a Comment