Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Movie Log: Michael Clayton

All the critics said Michael Clayton was really good, so I saw it. And I think I agree with them, but I don't have much else to say.

Who directed this thing, anyway? He got a lot of good performances -- yes, out of people you'd expect, like Tom Wilkinson and Tilda Swinton, but still -- and I don't remember hearing much about the director.

(looks it up) Tony Gilroy, and apparently this is his first film. Well, good job, Tony -- ex-writers aren't always that good directing actors and moving the camera around and all that jazz.

Michael Clayton is just a good movie, and one that didn't make me obsess about anything in particular -- yes, it's another "gosh, some big business are really, really corrupt" movie, but who's surprised by that message these days? It's true, isn't it? (The only thing people seem to disagree on is whether "some" means "nearly every" or "only a few.")

So this, I guess, is one of my least useful or interesting "Movie Log" posts. It was a movie; I saw it; I have nothing coherent to say. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment