Monday, May 05, 2008

Allowable Prejudices

A biff on the conk to Elizabeth Blachner, who committed this sentence:
If you’re going to be so self-actualized as to try to create a loving, honest, authentic life, why would you do it in the suburbs?
during a BookSlut review.

That's it: don't bother to actually make arguments; just assert things. It makes intellectual life much easier.

I'm glad to hear than "honesty" and "authenticity" are the unique qualities of wherever the fuck Blachner happens to live.

(The rest of the review veers between similar unreasoning prejudices of people who happen to be a sigma closer to the norm and some actual insights.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, my living in the suburbs prevents me from having a loving, honest, authentic life. I'm geographically unable to self-actualize. That's a new one.

Off to read the whole review before I really start to rant... :)

John Markley said...

And to think, all these years, I thought I was telling the truth when I told my mom I loved her. Apparently I was wrong. I don't look forward to breaking the news to her, let me tell you.

Post a Comment