Thursday, May 01, 2008

Read in April

April was another big month for me; I was trying to read a graphic novel (comic, manga -- whatever the heck you call something with words and pictures and a binding) every day, and succeeded most of the time. In fact, I probably read more books this month (47) than any time in the past ten years. And what did I read? Well...

Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto, Vol. 9 (4/21)
Yet more tests. And, of the ten pre-phase ten single combats that we'll get, there are still two left to go...as I said, Kishimoto is working at his own pace here. But I'm sure Naruto is one of the things manga-haters are thinking about when they talk about stories that go on forever. (As opposed to, say, Spider-Man battling Doc Ock, which he's been doing since about 1965...)
Bob Sehlinger with Len Testa, The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008 (4/21)
I'm hoping to drag the family down to see "the Mouse" this fall, so this was research. (And it was research, a few pages a day, for the last three months.) So far, the range of choices is bewildering, though I think I've basically decided on an airport and airline.
That's a lot of comics, but also ten "real" books, which I think is decent for a month for anybody. Still, the pile isn't getting any smaller -- but I do have hopes of getting into (if not through) one or two big fat books next week, when I'm down in Florida for Sales Conference and away from my usual distractions. (Although I'm sure there will be some new and different distractions there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment