Friday, August 01, 2008

Read in July

This was a surprisingly full month; I wasn't consciously trying to do a book-a-day pace, but I was piling up a lot of comics (and similar stuff) and trying to knock off at least one of them a day, and that added up. (A business trip to the opposite coast early in the month helped, too -- that meant nearly a whole day of travel and waiting at each end.) It added up a lot, so I'll get right to the long list -- which, as usual, is of interest only to me:
Another 47 books -- the same as April's epic total -- which was inflated by a couple of trips and a bunch of Hard Case Crime books. Eleven of those were "real" books, with words on every page and only words. And I haven't written reviews for far too many of them at this point, including a number of books stretching back as far as April (I think). Yoinks! This is where I say that I should get to work, but let's see if I actually do anything. (Writing long posts about whatever crisis is flying around the net on a given day is much easier and quicker than grappling with the good and bad points of a worthwhile book, after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment