Friday, September 26, 2008

More Commercial Messages

Oops, I missed one. Amazon is also excited about the fall TV season, and is selling downloads of many shows right now!

I don't watch much TV -- especially fiction TV -- these days, and I have a DVR (which means I can save those TV shows myself for free, if I wanted to), so this service does not speak to me very strongly. But Amazon has got movies, too, and that could be good for people who like watching movies on their computer. (I've done it on my laptop on business trips, which was better than I expected, but I don't see why I'd bother at home, when a real TV is available.)

(Oops, I see from the banner that, through some technical whoozits that I won't be able to explain to you, Amazon can actually download its videos on demand right to a TiVo DVR. So it's more convenient than I thought it was.)

Anyway, here's another banner. Click this one if you want to buy yourself some downloadable video. I hear the Chuck is particularly good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment