Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Rising Tide

A couple of weeks ago, Larry (of OF Blog of the Fallen) counted up that he'd gotten 232 new books in the first 231 days of the year, which inspired me to do a similar count myself.

But sometimes inspiration has to wait a while for free time to catch up.

Tonight I finally had the time and the inclination to run through my "Incoming Books" and "Reviewing the Mail" posts for the year so far, and here are the rough totals for the first 246 days of the year:

Books for review: 275
Books purchased for myself: at least 63 (I may have missed some)
Books from the library: approximately 30

Round that all off and it's around 370-380 books so far this year, and it's only September. Luckily, I spent sixteen years working in an office where I'd routinely see a dozen or more new books in a day, so this all still looks like a trickle.

(And, as I always say when I count up impressive numbers of books, half or more of those are comics, which means they read much faster than prose.)

No comments:

Post a Comment