Sunday, November 02, 2008

I'm Going to Disney World!

As I've mentioned here and there over the past few weeks, I'm heading off for a family vacation to Walt Disney World early tomorrow morning, and I'll be gone for a week.

I will be taking my laptop -- mostly to use it as a DVD player to entertain the kids in the evening -- but I don't expect to be online much, if at all. So I'm probably going to be completely out of electronic contact for an extended period for the first time since I got e-mail in about 1994. (I hope the cold-turkey shakes aren't too bad.)

I've already written and scheduled at least one substantial Antick Musings post for every day that I'll be gone -- mostly reviews of books like Steven Brust's Jhegaala, Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book, and many others, in many different genres -- so this site will not be dark. I've also sent through my usual posts to ComicMix, so expect to see reviews from me there Monday-Wednesday-Manga Friday, as I always try (but don't always succeed) to do.

And I'll be back here live, to dive into accumulated e-mails and whatever else, sometime on Monday the 10th.

See you all on the other side.

2 comments:

Di Francis said...

Okay, pardon my insane giggling . . .

But we did DisneyLand (just land) over Xmas this last year and there was no movie time. It was up early, in the park til late, drop dead in bed, rinse, lather and repeat. I can't imagine what would happen at DW.

Have lotso fun.

Di

Andrew Wheeler said...

Di: We did pull the laptop out to watch some DVDs on two evenings -- my boys weren't quite up to going open-to-close in a park every single day (and neither were The Wife and I).

But we did spend very, very little time in our room when we were actually awake, as I expected.

(Though I think we spent less time at the hotel -- in the pool, in particular -- than the boys would have liked.)

Post a Comment