Monday, March 09, 2009

Get Killola's "I Am The Messer" Album for Free!

When I did my "best of the year" lists for Green Man Review, about six weeks ago, one of the songs I mentioned was "This Is How the World Ends" by Killola, a great big slab of straight-ahead, old-fashioned rock behind a female singer who knows how to really belt.

And I've been listening to that song for a while, and vaguely looking for the album it was from -- and then, today, I learned that the band was giving away the record for free on the Internet, so I just nabbed it for myself. If your tastes are anything like mine, you may want to do the same.

There should be a widget below with the album, and the band's website is here. Hope you enjoy it. (Even better: the title text for their home page is "KILLOLA : DRINK BEER, EAST, GIVE SANDWICH TO DOG, NORTH, WAIT, WAIT, GET DEVICE, PRESS HITCHHIKE.")

Edit, two hours later: I've now listened to some of the other songs, and I should note that they all have short (mostly about 3-5 second) introductions from the band, giving the name of the song and saying that they're free courtesy of the name of the service. I'm finding that annoying enough that I expect I'll buy the record before too long...which, I'm sure, is the point. But I am enjoying the music.


Killola TrueAnthem Music" border="0">

No comments:

Post a Comment