Monday, June 29, 2009

All of the Awards I've Neglected to Mention

It's running into Awards Season, over on the ol' SFF Homestead, and I've been remiss in posting about them here. So I'll now round up all of the ones I can find, to have them in one convenient location, because I love my readers so much. (Or because it's getting near the end of a month, and I'm so obsessed with useless statistics that I'm trying to inflate my post count -- you guess which.)

John W. Campbell Memorial Award: (tie)
Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award: "The Ray Gun: A Love Story" by James Alan Gardner (Asimov's 2/08)

2009 Locus Awards:
David Gemmell Legend Award: Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski (Gollancz)

2008 Bram Stoker Awards:
2009 Ditmar Awards:
Novel: Tender Morsels, Margo Lanagan (Allen & Unwin; Knopf)
(And I'll just link to the rest.)

Compton Crook/Stephen Tall Award:
Singularity's Ring by Paul Melko (Tor)

And did I ever mention the Clarke Award? (Was I slacking as far back as April?) Oh, what the heck, let's throw it on the pile:

Arthur C. Clarke Award:
Song of Time by Ian R. MacLeod (PS Publishing)

Congratulations to all of the winners, and, to all of the runners-up: you were robbed, mate!
(All via Locus Online, where you would have gotten this news much, much sooner.)

----------------
Listening to: A Camp - Love Has Left the Room
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment