Sunday, June 28, 2009

Buy Windows 7 Now and Avoid the Rush

I'm hoping that Windows 7 will be more successful than Vista, partly because I assume I'll be using Windows 7 at some point and partly for professional reasons I can't go into quite yet. Early reports are pretty good, so I'm quietly hopeful.

And it looks like the shipping date has stuck and will remain firm, which is usually a good sign. So, all in all, I think everyone reading this blog should click on the below banner and buy some expensive software that does exactly what their computers are already doing, only somehow nebulously "better." (Except for those of you, like me, on Macs -- Windows 7 is pointless to us.)

But here's that banner anyway, just in case:


Go buy it, or not, as you please. It looks like it's cheaper now, as a preorder, than it will be later, which may help you make a decision.

----------------
Listening to: Sinéad O'Connor - I'll Tell Me Ma
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Kaz Augustin said...

Except for those of you, like me, on Macs -- Windows 7 is pointless to us.

You forgot Linux.

Andrew Wheeler said...

Kaz: I prefer to say "ignore."

Post a Comment