Inconstant Moon [by Larry Niven] is damn good, and would be on my short list.
Others on that list (and which I haven't seen mentioned) are:
- Fondly Fahrenheit by Alfred Bester
- The Man Who Lost the Sea by Theodore Sturgeon
- Second Variety by Philip K. Dick
- Oceanic by Greg Egan
- Scanners Live in Vain by Cordwainer Smith
- With Folded Hands by Jack Williamson
- The Man Who Walked Home by James Tiptree, Jr.
- We See Things Differently by Bruce Sterling
- Prayers on the Wind by Walter Jon Williams
- Born With the Dead by Robert Silverberg
Careful readers will note that my list -- never explicitly called "Top Ten," though -- has a good twelve items on it, counting everything. They might also note that I have refused to update the list and say what I think are the best stories as of now.