Monday, January 04, 2010

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 1/2

Every week, early on a Monday morning, a post goes up here (written over the previous days, obviously) listing the books I've seen in the mail, and saying whatever I can about them without having yet read them. This is the latest in a long line of such posts, and the first for 2010.

Unfortunately, the only thing I got in the mail last week was a Spring 2010 catalog from one publisher; Christmas Week is traditionally a dead time in American publishing, where no useful work gets done and many houses are closed, and that was the case for my mailbox as well. So this post will sit here to say that I didn't forget a week, but that I did have a complete lack of books to write about.

See you next week, I hope -- or, if all of the publishers have had a sudden attack of good sense and are abandoning me, I'll have much more time on the weekends for other things, and maybe I'll go back to doing Reading Into the Past posts. (Or maybe I'll just play more Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which my sons got for Xmas and which has taken quite a few hours of my time since then already.)

No comments:

Post a Comment