Friday, June 04, 2010

These Are The Pros and Cons of Air Travel

...apologies to Roger Waters for mangling the reference.

I'm in the incredibly lovely Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport -- no, really, how could anything with "Hollywood" in its name not be fabulous? -- and my brain is fried from three straight days of twelve-hour days selling books to accountants. So all I can do now is look at the world in a terribly narrow binary fashion:

Good: this airport has free wi-fi, without even any hoops to jump through. Just connect, and there's the whole internet.

Bad: South Florida heat, humidity, and storms -- I left the hotel this afternoon in the teeth of a gullywasher. One close thunderbolt sounded like an explosion across the street.

Good: the convention is over, and I'm on my way home.

Bad: ...for one day, and then I'm off to another convention for work on Sunday.

Good: um...pass

Bad: If I never see a man wearing flip-flops again, it will be too soon. I'm not entirely resigned to women wearing them away from the beach, and I actually like looking at women.

Good: a TSA agent wished me a happy birthday -- how often does that happen?

Bad: I've still got a three-hour flight and close to an hour's drive before I get home.


Bah, humbug. I want a real weekend, though I know I'm not going to get one. Hope the drive to Baltimore is more fun than the plane flights have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment