Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pointless Numbers

Poking through iTunes this afternoon, I found that I've got 4826 songs that I've never [1] listened to, totaling fourteen days and just short of 17 hours. (There's an entire Ring cycle in there, plus a lot of other classical music I was listening to a lot more a decade ago.)

Of course, that still leaves 18,822 songs I have listened to (up to a hundred times, in one case -- iTunes is lovely for someone as obsessed with utterly pointless metrics as I am), so I don't feel too bad.

The good thing about all of that, of course, is that I have no reason at all to get sick of any song or singer any time soon -- I have 847 songs (nearly two and a half days worth) just tagged "depressing."

No, there's no purpose to any of this -- I just like poking at the numbers and decided to share. Hope you're doing something equally as pleasant this fine Saturday.


[1] "Never," here, means "since late 2003, when I had to re-import the entire library after a disk crash." Still, nine years is a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment