Monday, March 11, 2013

Tiptree Award Winners!

The awards keep rolling along, and this last week saw the gala announcement of the winner of the Tiptree for 2012.

There's a tie this time out, and the joint winners are The Drowning Girl by CaitlĂ­n R. Kiernan, and Ancient, Ancient by Kiini Ibura Salaam.

The Tiptree jury doesn't release a shortlist ahead of time -- I think it's because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by making them "losers" -- but they do announce a list of losers with the winner, which strikes me as even worse. (But I'm not them, and it's not my award, so they get to do it their way.)

Those works that were almost good enough to get a Tiptree -- good enough to be mentioned specifically as losing the Tiptree -- for this year are:
Congratulations to Kiernan and Salaam, and, to all of the also-rans, try harder next year!

(via Cheryl Morgan, who is completely not to blame for my idiosyncratic take on this)

No comments:

Post a Comment