Monday, October 28, 2013

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 10/26

I do wonder, sometime, if the trade publishing houses are moving to a monthly publicity cycle, instead of focusing on a week's worth of books at a time. I know at the publishing company where I work, the publicity team has definitely been shifting emphasis and tinkering with their kinds of outreach recently.

I wonder that in particular when there's a week -- usually deep in the month, like this past week -- where no review copies reach me. The other possibility, which would make me sad, is that the assembled publicists of Big Publishing have met in conclave and resigned me to the Outer Darkness. But I don't know if that's the case unless several weeks pass without books.

Anyway, in case I just buried the lede there: I didn't get any mail this week, so there's nothing to write about here. See you next time. (Or check my post yesterday for a bunch of books I bought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment