Monday, September 08, 2014

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 9/6

It's going to be a short post this week. So I'll make the intro match. All short sentences! (This is very tough for me.) I review books. So I get books. Most books are surprises. I post Mondays to list those books. I haven't read them yet. This week there's just one. But maybe you'll love it!

OK, enough of that. My one book for this week is Gideon Smith and the Brass Dragon by David Barnett. (Not to be confused with Paul Barnett. For that matter, not to be confused with the Gideon Smith who is a succulent expert and author of non-fiction books. And not to be confused with Gideon Smith and the Dixie Damned, either.) It's a steampunky adventure, the sequel to Gideon Smith and the Mechanical Girl, and a Tor trade paperback that goes on sale in about a week. The cover pull quote on this one has the Washington Post calling the first book "a fun and bawdy romp" -- and "bawdy" is so rarely used to describe steampunk that I expect this is something a little more different and interesting than the usual corsets-and-brass-goggles assemblage.

No comments:

Post a Comment