Saturday, July 10, 2021

Books Read: June 2021

I could pretend that I waited a week-plus to type & post this because I wanted the last of the books I read in June to have their posts published, so I could do this all in a neat and tidy fashion. But the last post on a June-read book won't publish until the 22nd, so that would be a lie.

No, I just forgot that I usually do this. But I remembered now, and so I'm doing it now. And it's almost entirely for me, anyway. But here's what I read in June of 2021, the month where I passed the full-year total for 2020:

Kristen Gudsnuk, Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (6/5)

Jeff Lemire, Dean Omston, and Dave Stewart, Black Hammer, Vol. 1: Secret Origins (6/6)

Matthew Hughes, Barbarians of the Beyond (6/11)

Mademoiselle Caroline and Julie Dachez, Invisible Differences (6/12)

Rick Geary, Stories from the '90s (6/13)

Sara Barron, People Are Unappealing: Even Me (6/13)

Charles M. Schulz, The Complete Peanuts, 1955-1956 (6/13)

Borja Gonzalez, A Gift for a Ghost (6/19)

Lawrence Block, A Writer Prepares (6/19)

Jeff Lemire and Dunstin Nguyen, Ascender, Vol. 2: The Dead Sea (6/20)

Matt Kindt, Matt Smith, and Chris O'Halloran, Folklords (6/25)

Jeff Lemire, Dean Omston, David Rubin, and Dave Stewart, Black Hammer, Vol. 2: The Event (6/26)

Lawrence Block, The Burglar in Short Order (6/26)

Donald E. Westlake, Comfort Station (6/26)

Ryan North, Derek Charm, and Rico Renzi, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 9: Squirrels Fall Like Dominos (6/27)


One last note: I actually read three prose books digitally this month, and started a fourth. That, I think, is more than all of the prose books I've read in digital form in all of my previous life put together. So my adjustments to my reading life seem to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment