Thursday, July 02, 2009

What Antick Musings Readers Bought From Amazon Last Month

I do want to thank everyone who buys something through my little Amazon link -- partly because I get a nickel or so out of every purchase, but mostly because I can then find out what you folks bought, and I'm a nosy guy.

I might examine Amazon purchases on a monthly basis from this point...or I might forget. We'll see. I was going to give all of the numbers, until I realized that would highlight just how pitiful those numbers actually are. So, instead, I'll just mention a couple of interesting highlights.

Unsurprisingly, most of the sales are books, and all of them this month were from Amazon itself rather than third-party sellers. Leaving out a few books where I know exactly who bought them and why, most of them are things I mentioned one way or another -- a whole slew of "Dresden Files" books, ten copies (!) of Marjorie Liu's Darkness Calls, P.J. O'Rourke's Driving Like Crazy, Jim Morrow's Shambling Towards Hiroshima. But a couple of you bought books I didn't expect, like the new collection of Terry Moore's Echo comic, or Dragonbreath or C.C. Finlay's Traitor to the Crown.

There was only one DVD this month, but it made up for its solitude by being utterly awesome in its randomness: The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia.

There were a few Kindle editions, but I'm not going to mention them; I noticed that I'm currently getting a 0% referral fee on them, and so even a million of them wouldn't make me a penny. Yet another reason for me to say "Screw e-books."

And there were a few single-track mp3 downloads, though, oddly, none of them had anything to do with anything I'd blogged about. (They were mostly songs from Fame, for whatever reason.)

There was even one hardy soul who bought one of those round shiny discs with music on it -- again, nothing I'd ever mentioned -- but it did have this impressive dude's scowling mug on it.

I have to figure out how to get more of you folks to buy boots -- the one month I got people to buy a couple of those it almost added up to enough to buy lunch with....

----------------
Listening to: Midwest Dilemma - Sioux City
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Sharon E. Dreyer said...

There are times when I am amazed by the numbers, or disappointed. As a first time published author it's very interesting and frustrating at the same time. Check out my first and recently released novel, Long Journey to Rneadal. This exciting tale is a romantic action adventure in space and is more about the characters than the technology.

Anonymous said...

For some reason my amazon.co.uk start page has been pushing me to buy boots for about the last month.

My work buys all my boots for me, and I don't think I have the calves to set off the heels on the ones amazon wants me to pay for.

Post a Comment