Sunday, June 16, 2013

Incoming Books: June 8

Late! Late! Late!

I got two books at my birthday party, just over a week ago now, and I've since been on two book-shopping trips. So I'm going to try to cram all of my new books into the next day or two -- we'll see how that works out.

(Other birthday presents included the new Lego City game for the 3DS -- Thing 1 let me borrow his system for my last business trip, and I'm going to see if he'll do the same for my next one -- the the most recent Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD box set, and socks.)

Nell Gwynne's On Land and At Sea by Kage Baker and Kathleen Bartholomew -- I haven't read the earlier, only-Baker novellas in this series, but I'm losing patience that they will all get collected into a regular trade hardcover (Subterranean Press does lovely books, but I'm enough of a publishing guy to prefer widely available books to expensive limited ones; the point of books is to get people to read them). So this was on my list, and I got it.

And I was really happy to see You're All Just Jealous of My Jetpack, a collection of comics by the great Tom Gauld, originally published in Teh Grauniad, mostly on bookish topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment