Monday, March 31, 2014

A Song for a Monday Morning

I've been listening to this one a lot lately; it's the first single from the brand-new band I Am the Albatross, out of Austin, Texas. (But don't hold that against them.) It's from their self-titled debut EP, and it's somewhere between a slow blues shuffle and psycho rockabilly -- or maybe both, in turn.

The song is "Strugglin'" and I imagine that's what a lot of us are doing this morning -- particularly around my parts, where we've just had about 48 hours of straight rain.

If I did this right, immediately below here should be a widget that plays the song:


And, if not, here's a link to the song on SoundCloud and another to a video of a performance not quite a month ago. And just keep on searching for the crack where the light shines through.

No comments:

Post a Comment