Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Have You Tried Turning It Off and Back On Again?

SF Signal's regularly scheduled "Mind Meld" feature for today features a variety of answers to the question:
The recent announcement of the Falcon taking over Captain America, the announcement of a female Thor, Miles Morales’ Spider-Man, the new Ms. Marvel, the various incarnations of Green Lantern…there is opportunity in rebooting comic book characters to reflect our diverse society, or to cast new light and new angles on old characters.

Q: Pick a comic book character that you’d like to reboot. How would you do it, and to what end?

I'm one of the respondents; as usual, I went off in my own direction and didn't engage in the question the way I was supposed to. (And yet they keep asking me back.)

Other contributors include Tansy Rayner Roberts, Cheryl Morgan, Seanan McGuire, and Fabio Fernandes; check out the whole thing here.

(Note that I have silently corrected SF Signal's spelling of Spider-Man, because I'm like that, as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment