Monday, April 02, 2018

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 3/31/18

As long-time readers of this blog know, every Monday morning I list whatever books have arrived over the past week. Originally, that was limited to new titles sent by publishers for publicity purposes, but I recently decided that was too limiting and started including everything: books I bought, books from the library, books reveled to me by mystic forces in a sudden flexing of the laws of time and space.

But, even with that expanded remit, there's no guarantee I'll have anything to mention in a given week. I suppose I could organize my life so that I always buy at least one book a week -- and that probably wouldn't be that difficult, though my wife might not be entirely happy -- but that's too much trouble.

This is one of those weeks: you've probably guessed. There are about a dozen books wending their way to me via library holds, but none of them are in hand yet. And I didn't buy anything this week.

So I'm just left to hope you all had a happy spring-solstice religious festival of your choice over the weekend, and wish you joy and wonder this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment