Sunday, September 14, 2008

Incoming Book: September 14

I had to run out for some errands this afternoon -- it was my mother's birthday, and I needed to obtain a cake -- so I stopped off in my local Borders store on my way. The primary reason was to get a copy of the September issue of Yen Press's Yen+ magazine (for this week's Manga Friday column), and the secondary reason was to get the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid book for Thing 1 (which I promised I'd get him the next time I was in a book store -- and that promise was probably six months ago).

While I was there, I of course had to browse for books for myself. (How could I not?) I also had a Borders coupon that expired today, so I wanted to find something relatively expensive to make it worthwhile.

And, now that I'm not following forthcoming books as closely as I used to, books can be published and surprise me. So I was very happy to see that Julian Barnes had a new book that I didn't expect -- Nothing to Be Frightened Of, a memoir and meditation on mortality, agnosticism, and similar stuff -- and I grabbed it.

So I now have yet another book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment