These are the books that gave Christopher Priest a severe case of the grumpy-old-fans, which must mean something:
- Greg Bear, Hull Zero Three (Gollancz)
- Drew Magary, The End Specialist (Harper Voyager)
- China Miéville, Embassytown (Macmillan)
- Jane Rogers, The Testament of Jessie Lamb (Sandstone Press)
- Charles Stross, Rule 34 (Orbit)
- Sheri S.Tepper, The Waters Rising (Gollancz)
I have currently read about two-thirds of one book on that list, so I will leave off any commentary on my part, but congratulations to the nominees, particularly the Internet Puppies.