Monday, September 30, 2013

The Monday-est of All Mondays

The cherry topping on today's shit sandwich is that I've just discovered that my iPad, newly upgraded to the ugly and apparently otherwise-no-different iOS 7, will no longer sync with my computer unless I upgrade that to iTunes 11 and lose the ability to keep multiple windows open.

Again, Jony Ive can suck my balls -- I've been a Mac user for 20+ years, and this is the kind of thing that could tip me over to going all Windows just to get away from this walled-garden bullshit. Neither one of those upgrades gives me a damn thing, and both just make the experience uglier and less useful.

Before that, my train was massively delayed this morning (sending us all on a bus to NYC and then via PATH back to Hoboken) because some idiot took a walk on the railroad track. And then I got into a fender-bender on the way home, so now my car's in the shop for who knows how long.

(The car is the very most annoying piece, but it's pretty much my fault, so I can't properly vent -- my very first accident ever, and it sucks hugely.)

Apple, you're supposed to make things easier -- you need to realize damn fast that means for your users, not for you. Get back to "it just works" and away from "it just looks really slick."

No comments:

Post a Comment