Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Read in September

I seem to need a new excuse each month for why I've read so little -- for myself, mostly, since no one really cares how much other people are reading.

(But now, as soon as I've typed that, I'm sure there's a dark corner of the Internet dedicated to people who are obsessed with how many books other people are reading -- not what they're reading, or how they're reading it, but how much. Because if you can think of it, it's out there somewhere.)

Anyway, the reason for September is called Vice City -- I discovered it on iPad, and have also been playing on my home Mac, and it's basically eaten this past month. (60 hours on my main saves on those two devices, not counting all of the hours lost and unsaved in failed missions.) And, yes, it does amuse me that I was playing a ten-year-old GTA game (my first in the series, too) while the rest of the world was obsessed with GTA 5 -- I didn't even play it to be that contrary, but I fall into that habit automatically.

But here's what I did read this past month, in between hijacking pixelated cars and committing computer-generated crimes:

David Koenig, Mouse Under Glass (9/5)

James Kochalka, American Elf (9/18)

Ulli Lust, Today Is the Last Day of the Rest of Your Life (9/20)

Richard Stark, The Hunter (9/25)

Richard Stark, The Man With the Getaway Face (9/26)

Richard Stark, The Outfit (9/27)

Richard Stark, The Mourner (9/30)

No comments:

Post a Comment