Monday, December 21, 2015

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 12/19

Every week, I list here the books that came in the mail over the previous seven days. There have been fewer of those over the past few years -- because sending physical books is expensive and anachronistic, because publishers regularly review their media lists and redeploy resources where they will have more impact, and because I've just been reviewing fewer of the books sent to me. All of those are completely legitimate and good reasons, and I've often remarked that Marketer Me would never keep sending Blogger Me as many books as other publishers have. (This may also be a sign of the great gulf between Publicity and Marketing; Marketers are legendarily harder-hearted, crueler, and tighter-fisted than the open-handed folk of Publicity.)

Anyway, this is all leading up to the point where I admit that I didn't get any free books this week. (Boo f-ing hoo, I can hear you say. And I sympathize with the sentiment.) So I'm not able to write about them here.

But the lack of new books did free up some time to write about books I have read, so you might notice that the post for the month of November went up yesterday, and a stretch of daily review posts began on Saturday and will continue through at least next Sunday. As ever, I refuse to speculate about if this a last hurrah or a rebirth; I don't know, and the only way to find out will be seeing what happens, day by day.

So good luck with your own upcoming days -- take them one at a time, and I hope you can find something to enjoy in each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment