Monday, May 17, 2021

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 5/15/2021

One book this week: I backed it in the Kickstarter, and it arrived a few days ago. I don't have any other purchase link, but I think the creator is or will be selling copies directly once he gets all of the pre-orders out, so check that out if you're interested.

Born a Doofus is the first collection of the Bug Martini webcomic, which has been running since October of 2009. (So...maybe slightly later than expected to finally collect those strips. On the up side, I started reading it way later than that, so everything here will be new to me.)

So this is a 120-page book, on nice glossy paper, including a bunch of early sketches at the back and (obviously) a year's worth of a gag-a-day webcomic. I'm reading Bug Martini regularly now, so I expect I'll enjoy reading it in its early formative form. And, as I say pretty regularly: if you like something you get for free, try to find a way to give back to the people that make that thing, so they keep doing it. (Assuming the free thing isn't, like, Facebook or ABC or something, where you're the product and they're already making boatloads of money from your eyeballs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment