Sunday, December 09, 2007

Incoming Books, Week of 12/8

This week's books came in four bunches:
  • first, the review copies that were waiting for me when I came back from New Orleans, including The New Weird (edited by the VanderMeers), a small stack of things from Top shelf, and the first volume of The Guin Saga Manga from Vertical
  • next, a quick trip to the Montclair Book Center (my favorite bookstore) to pick up my special-ordered copy of Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction also saw me grab the graphic novel Exit Wounds by Rutu Modan
  • then I went to the comics-shop on Friday and got some comics for my two Things and some stuff for me: Paris by Andi Watson and Simon Gane, Powers, Vol. 8, Michel Rabagliati's Paul Moves Out, Shaun Tan's The Arrival (which I finally saw in person after looking for it for a couple of months), and The Art of Bone at half price
  • last, yesterday I went to the library with the boys and grabbed a short stack of manga (the third Yotsuba&!, the first two volumes of the new Mark Crilley series) and a couple of novels
Which is more than enough to keep me reading for several weeks, if I don't keep getting books...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm intersted to know what The Guin Saga manga is like-I got the novelization at WFC and didn't enjoy it much..

Post a Comment