Sunday, October 10, 2010

What a Weekend Is For

I'd had vague ideas about taking my two sons to Kids' Day at the New York Comic-Con today -- I think I missed the last year or two of that anyway, purely for having-too-many-other-things-to-do reasons -- but the kibosh was put on that when The Wife announced that her parents were taking the boys pumpkin-picking today. (I'm not sure I was up for a trip in to the Javitz with two rambunctious tweens, anyway.)

So, instead, The Wife and I spent most of today putting up a new shed in our backyard. (If any of you knew us, you'd be laughing now: we spent the last five years, at least, talking about how we needed a new shed -- the old one was there when we moved in, but collapsed under a big snow some time around 1996. And we bought this shed -- it's from Rubbermaid, requires a lot of assembly, and comes in a big box -- over two months ago, since which time it's been lurking in the driveway, silently mocking us.)

Many bruised knuckles and six hours later, though, there's finally a place for the lawnmower and our (rarely used) bicycles, back at the end of the yard. And I've accomplished something physical for one of the few times this year -- thank god I don't have to do anything like that again any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment