Sunday, December 29, 2013

Incoming Books: Christmas Edition

I probably should have posted this a few days ago -- though I've been so busy being on vacation and playing video games and just lazing around the house, he said sarcastically -- but better late than never, I suppose.

I got a few books for Christmas, and these are them:

The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman's slim new novel for 2013.

The Revised Vault of Walt, a book by Jim Korkis telling untold/secret/amusing/odd stories related to the vast Walt Disney empire, which appeals to my twin loves of scuttlebutt and business.

And Joan Aiken's The Wolves of Willoughby Chase, first in a series I've been meaning to read for ages and ages. Now that I have a copy of this in the house, it might actually happen.

I also got the big new Mystery Science Theater 3000 boxed set -- the gala 25th anniversary thingy with four episodes that haven't been on video before, plus two that were individual DVDs and VHS tapes, back in the before-time. That's not a book, though, so it doesn't get a picture.

A blog has to have some rules, after all.

(I got other things as well -- the obligatory socks & underwear, a PS3/Grand Theft Auto 5 bundle that I bought myself, Grand Theft Auto 4 for the previous and also bought by myself, and some other knickknacks and gewgaws that I either can't remember or don't want to be bothered listing here.)

1 comment:

Bob McLain said...

Thank you for mentioning Jim Korkis' "Revised Vault of Walt". I'm the publisher. if any of my other Theme Park Press books strike your fancy, I'd be glad to send you a review copy:

http://themeparkpress.com

Post a Comment