Thursday, July 23, 2015

Other Things My Fingers Have Been Typing

I have been neglecting this blog of late, I admit. (But then, the whole world has been neglecting blogs more and more for the past five years or so -- and who am I to buck that trend?)

But I have been typing thinky things into little boxes (phrase stolen from John Scalzi), and I figured I should at least link to them here, as proof I still have dumb opinions and evidence that I am not yet dead.

So: I've had an account on Quora for a year or so, though I can't recall how or why I set that up. But I started answering questions about a month ago, for similarly nebulous reasons. (One of my first three answers, on a "what's the deal with Chris Christie" topic, got lost in the aether when the evil Quora robots combined several questions and my in-progress answer fell into the memory hole. I am still bitter.)

Here's what I've answered so far, in reverse chronological order. You can follow me there, and possibly see more of my words, or harangue me to answer specific questions, Or not: it's always your choice. But I present this in lieu of passing a Voight-Kampff test in person for each of you.

My 3-year-old son is extremely naughty and doesn't allow us to rest after a tiring day at the office. How can I handle this as a parent?

Why is Chris Christie still running for president when he is currently mired in such controversy?

What was the benefit to Random House of the very short promotional period before the release of "Grey"?

Could Chris Christie be elected President in 2016?

When getting a book deal, do I ever have to meet with the publishers?

Do secularists, humanists and atheists have a right to impose their moral beliefs on others through law?

What is the best way to break into the publishing industry as a novel writer, if you don't have an MFA in creative/fiction writing?

Why do writers think they should get paid to write?

I want to be a published author, and I hope to write a best selling novel. What are the steps required to do so?

What should you never put in long-term storage?

Why do people refuse to click ads?

Does past life exist?

Do Americans want income equality?

Assuming that all actions of criminals are, by definition, crimes, could a criminal commit a good deed?

No comments:

Post a Comment