Monday, August 13, 2018

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/11/18

With all the ways I can get books, this year I've generally had something to write about in this weekly post almost every time.

Almost.

But I spent most of last week out at The Mothership -- the massive Thomson Reuters building/campus in lovely suburban Eagan, Minnesota -- which did not offer a whole lot of opportunities to get books. And the publicity machine has basically realized I'm utterly unreliable as a venue, so that stream has pretty much disappeared as well.

It's not a big deal, since I still have a thousand or two books in my house I haven't read yet (and more that I wouldn't mind reading again), but it does mean I need to vamp, like I'm doing now, to have something for this post.

And I do apologize for that.

But I'll be back next week. I hope to have a mid-week book-shopping trip, since I need to run to Boston for the day for a company event and want to hit The Book Barn in Niantic, CT on the way back. So, with luck, I'll have more to write about then.

No comments:

Post a Comment