Sunday, September 23, 2018

Trese Goes Global!

There is a great urban-fantasy comic from the Philippines called Trese. I've written about the first three volumes here a few years ago -- and there have been three more volumes since then, plus a seventh in progress.

The books are difficult to find on this side of the Pacific, though. (Difficult to find in most of the world, from what I can see -- that happens when you publish out of a smaller country.) And that's a huge shame: this is damn good stuff, as fantasy, as detective stories, as modern reworkings of folktale material, and as comics.

Well, you're finally in luck.

Trese creators Budjette Tan and KaJo Baldismo have launched an IndieGogo campaign for a global edition of Trese -- starting from the beginning for those of you who haven't seen it before.

A digital edition of the first comic is a measly two bucks. That's a steal.

I've already backed it, and kicked in an extra donation to help out. (The least I can do, since I got the first few books for free as a reviewer.) Go check it out yourself, and I hope you'll decide to back it as well.

My dream is that Trese will someday be as big as Hellboy -- it may be a crazy dream, but I'll settle for Trese books actually widely available in North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment