Monday, December 21, 2020

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 12/19/20

I actually have one book in the mail this week, which is surprising: partially because of the time of year, partially because of the well-documented (and, not to get political, deliberate) problems with mail delivery this year, and partially because I wouldn't send me review copies if I were a publisher. But new books are a wonderful thing, particularly so when unexpected.

And this week I have one from Dancing Lemur Press, coming as a trade paperback and ebook on July 6th of 2021.

Blood Red Sand is Damien Larkin's second novel, after Big Red. And I think this is a sequel -- both books are military alt-histories launching out of WWII, apparently both with German super-science making the war go in a different direction, both have British soldiers fighting Nazis on Mars.

So it's possible that this is a different alt-hist about fighting Nazis in the 1950s on Mars, but my guess is that it's not. And it's coming in the middle of next year, so you'd have plenty of time to get to Big Red ahead of it, to have the maximum amount of Nazi-fighting in your 2021 diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment